Making Soft Traditional Chinese Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin cake resembles china yam cake. The main difference may be the colour and taste. It may be offered every morning or during tea time. The wedding cake will get chili sauce. It’s sensational searching tasty.
150 g pumpkin
1 cup grain flour
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon 5 spice powder (optional)
two tablespoons oil
two tablespoons dried prawns (blend or pound till fine)
1 big mushrooms ( reduce small cubes)
red chillies (Chopped till fine)
fried sliced onions
sliced spring onions
- Clean pumpkin skin minimizing cubes or shred it finely.
- Mix grain flour with water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt for that mixture. Warm-up two tablespoons oil and fry dried prawns with mushrooms. When it’s aromatic, mix all of the ingredients together and stir completely to the mix thickens slightly. Transfer this mix in a greased round or square tray.
- Warm-up a steamer. Once the water is boiling, place the tray while using the pumpkin mixture within the steamer.
- Cover the steamer and steam for 40 minutes. The dessert is cooked when it’s firm.
- When cooked, sprinkle some fried onions, spring onions and red chillies on the top within the steamed cake.